PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI)
Ready to change your life? Turn the oceans to your office!!!
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor programme is your final step in your quest to become a PADI instructor. During this programme, you’ll learn to use and adapt the PADI System of diver eduction to meet individual student needs. Comprehensive training, supported by a wide variety of PADI educational materials, earns PADI Instructors respect from both students and peers. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors may conduct a broad range of programme from Discover Scuba Diving to Divemaster.
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two parts – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Complete the OWSI program only if you are an Assistant Instructor or a PADI Divemaster can attend the whole PADI Instructor Development course (IDC) which give you an authorization to attend an Instructor Examination (IE).
What will you learn?
- Organize and present information
- Conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives
- Demonstrate all 24 dive skills on the skill evaluation
- Perform a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 metres using a mask, snorkel and fins
- Attend 14 curriculum presentations
- Score 75% on all sections of the Dive Theory exam
Check if you fulfill the entry requirement below for OWSI:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months.
- Be certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor (you can earn this during your instructor training)
- At least 18 years old
- Have at least 60 logged dives. (You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Examination)
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be physically fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Next Level- PADI Specialty Instructor
Other scuba diving course: